- Russia TV warns U.S.: We can bomb you to ‘radioactive ash’
- Delta’s Boeing 757 airplane loses wing panel during flight
- Navy SEALS take control of hijacked oil tanker
- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
Democratic Party Of Virginia
Latest Democratic Party Of Virginia Items
Richmond Mayor Dwight Jones has been elected chairman of the Democratic Party of Virginia.
Virginia Democrats and gay rights advocates are sharply criticizing Gov. Terry McAuliffe's pick to be the next chairman of the state party, saying Richmond Mayor Dwight Jones' position on same-sex marriage is in direct conflict with progress the party has made and should disqualify him as a candidate.
The Virginia legislature years ago banned governors from donating excess inauguration funds to political causes, but that hasn't stopped Gov. Terry McAuliffe from finding a way to route $211,000 from his inaugural fund back to his election campaign and the Virginia Democratic Party, disclosure records show.
Virginia's Board of Elections has removed nearly 39,000 voters from the rolls even as officials prepare to defend the state from a lawsuit brought by Democrats challenging whether a "purge" less than three weeks from Election Day is legal.
Election officials across Virginia are grappling with how to follow through with a directive from the State Board of Elections to purge up to 57,000 registered voters from the state rolls — a move that has prompted a lawsuit from the Democratic Party of Virginia and outright defiance by at least one registrar.
Virginia's Democrats want to preserve rights of the ineligible
Democrats in Virginia are stopping just short of opening polling places in the graveyards to make sure every ineligible voter is counted. The state Democratic Party last week asked a federal judge in Alexandria for an injunction to block state and local election officials from deleting the names of ineligible voters. When the roll is called up yonder, in the updated hymn, the dead Democrats will still be here.
Virginia Democrats on Tuesday filed a federal lawsuit against Republican Ken Cuccinelli, Gov. Bob McDonnell and the state elections board, claiming tens of thousands of voters are at risk of being wrongly purged from voter rolls ahead of the state's gubernatorial election.
Democrat Terry McAuliffe, struggling to create a positive image for himself in Virginia's governor race, is setting the stage to shift the dirty work of negative advertising this fall to others.