- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Democratic Party Of Virginia
Latest Democratic Party Of Virginia Items
Richmond Mayor Dwight Jones has been elected chairman of the Democratic Party of Virginia.
Virginia Democrats and gay rights advocates are sharply criticizing Gov. Terry McAuliffe's pick to be the next chairman of the state party, saying Richmond Mayor Dwight Jones' position on same-sex marriage is in direct conflict with progress the party has made and should disqualify him as a candidate.
Democrat Terry McAuliffe, struggling to create a positive image for himself in Virginia's governor race, is setting the stage to shift the dirty work of negative advertising this fall to others.
Democratic Party of Virginia Chairman Brian Moran announced Wednesday that he will resign his post next month after an election cycle that saw President Obama carry the state and U.S. Senator-elect Tim Kaine keep retiring U.S. Sen. Jim Webb's seat in Democratic hands.
A candidate who unsuccessfully ran to represent Virginia on the Democratic National Committee is appealing the election results from a convention earlier this month that descended into chaos, confusion and substantial intraparty finger-pointing.
The Democratic Party of Virginia convention that descended into chaos, discord and finger-pointing has prompted a formal complaint against the state party that demands a new election for two of the state's representatives to the Democratic National Committee and the ouster of three top party officials.
Republican presidential contender Newt Gingrich said Wednesday that a paid worker turned in fraudulent signatures to try to get him on the ballot in Virginia, while Texas. Gov. Rick Perry stepped up his legal effort to be included in the Old Dominion's March 6 primary.
Last week, I received on my iPhone an unsolicited blast email from the Democratic Party of Virginia. It was illuminating in a number of respects, not only about the approaching state and local elections in Virginia but also about the sort of campaign tactics we'll see more and more from the Democrats heading into 2012.
An organization headed by Democratic Party of Virginia Chairman Brian Moran is suing the Obama administration. And it's making some state Democrats uncomfortable.