- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Dennis Allen
The Oakland Raiders have re-signed defensive coordinator Jason Tarver to a new contract to remain on coach Dennis Allen's staff.
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — Coach Dennis Allen will be part of the reconstruction of the Oakland Raiders after spending his first two years overseeing the deconstruction.
Gary Kubiak is out in Houston, the first NFL coach relieved of his duties. With three weeks remaining in the regular season, from North (Leslie Frazier) to South (Mike Munchak), from East (Mike Shanahan) to West (Dennis Allen), there are plenty more candidates to get canned.
The Cowboys have to move on from a last-play win over the New York Giants to stay in position to end a three-year playoff drought. The Raiders must forget a last-minute loss to Tennessee that damaged hopes for their first postseason trip since 2002.
Pryor was knocked out of Monday night's 37-21 loss at Denver in the fourth quarter after a hard hit to the helmet by Wesley Woodyard. He was replaced by Matt Flynn.
Jim Schwartz stepped into perhaps the NFL's worst job of all time, inheriting its first 0-16 team.
The Oakland Raiders search for a new head coach picked up steam on Monday as the team received permission to interview two Denver assistants and was also poised to talk to members of Green Bay's staff.
"The quarterback position is the most important position on the football field," Allen said. "We feel very confident that Matt Schaub is the guy that can come in and lead this football team. And he's proven that he can do it in this league."
Coach Dennis Allen said Schaub comes in as the starter after Terrelle Pryor and Matt McGloin were inconsistent last year in Oakland's second straight four-win season.