- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - Dennis J. Goldford
"This is a completely meaningless event with massive political implications," said Dennis J. Goldford, a political-science professor at Drake University.
"Even if every Republican votes for you in a general [election], it is still not enough to get a majority of the votes," Mr. Goldford said.