- Boston bomb squad destroys unattended pressure cooker: report
- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Mad dash for Nome: Dallas Seavey wins his second Iditarod dog race
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
Dennis J. Murphy
Latest Dennis J. Murphy Items
Eric Rivera, 23, will spend between 25 years and life in prison depending on the sentencing that that comes in December, paying each day for what happened inside the modest home on Old Cutler Road. Sean Taylor, though, is gone. Too young. Too soon. The absence is as permanent as the words from Psalm 23 etched on his gravestone.
Trials for four defendants, charged with first-degree murder in the former Redskins safety's death, have been relentlessly delayed since the first attempt in April 2008. Last year, for instance, a trial date of April 16 became Nov. 5, then April 5 of this year. The latest try is set for August.
While the sporting world counts down the hours until the start of Sunday's Super Bowl, family and friends of onetime Washington Redskins superstar Sean Taylor face a much longer wait for justice to be done.