- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Dennis K. Burke
Latest Dennis K. Burke Items
The Obama administration has an enemies list, and John Dodson was on it. The special agent for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) infuriated his superiors by alerting Congress and everyone else about the government's gunrunning scheme called Fast and Furious.
The family of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian A. Terry, killed by Mexican bandits at a site where investigators found weapons purchased during the Fast and Furious operation, said if Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. did not know about the investigation or its tactics, he should have and should now accept responsibility.
Kenneth E. Melson, acting director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives who was caught this year in a firestorm over the "Fast and Furious" undercover gun investigation, was reassigned Tuesday and will be replaced by U.S. Attorney B. Todd Jones of Minnesota.
A federal grand jury in Tucson on Friday returned a 49-count superseding indictment against Jared Lee Loughner in the killing of a federal judge and a congressional staff member, as well as for causing the deaths of four others during an attempt to assassinate Rep. Gabrielle Giffords at her "Congress on Your Corner" event in January.