- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Deonte Thompson
Cornerbacks Champ Bailey and Quentin Jammer are among Denver's inactives for the Broncos' opener against Baltimore on Thursday night.
"He's used to playing," said Baltimore Ravens receiver Deonte Thompson, who played with Tim Tebow in 2008 and 2009. "He's a guy that started his whole life. It's new to him. He's going through something right now."
"I see him as a starter," Thompson said. "He went to the playoffs as a starter. He's proven he can do it. You just have to give him a shot."