- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
Department Of Children
Latest Department Of Children Items
Sexual predators will be locked up longer and more could be committed for psychiatric review once they finish their criminal sentences under a package of bills the Florida House passed Thursday.
The state of Tennessee has agreed to pay $250,000 to the parents of a teenager who died while in the custody of the Department of Children's Services. Kendall Oates was 18 years old when he suffered a seizure and died at the Woodland Hills Developmental Center in Nashville in May of 2012. The money settles a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the teen's father.
State social workers in Leominster say they are forced to strip search children receiving social services when allegations or a history of physical abuse is at issue.
A lawyer for the family of a 9-year-old Massachusetts rapper who appears in sexually suggestive videos is criticizing authorities' decision to investigate whether the boy is the victim of possible child abuse or neglect.
The New Mexico teenager accused of fatally shooting his parents and three younger siblings had never been in trouble with the law, according to state officials.
A man whose ex-fiancee vanished after the pair appeared on "The People's Court" is urging officials to expand their search for her, even though authorities have focused their investigation on him and removed the pair's children from his care.