- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Department Of Revenue
Latest Department Of Revenue Items
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon says his administration will stop making electronic copies of people's concealed-gun permits.
Former North Carolina State basketball coach Sidney Lowe was arrested Monday and charged with failing to file his North Carolina state income taxes for three years.
A little-noticed tax break for investor-owned hospitals that was tucked into a deal last spring aimed at saving the Illinois Medicaid program from collapse will cost the cash-strapped state at least $10 million a year in lost revenue, according to an analysis by The Associated Press.
Millions of Social Security numbers and business records from tax returns as far back as 1998 were hacked in South Carolina and experts said Wednesday it may be the largest cyber-attack against a state tax department in the nation's history.
About 3.6 million tax returns from as far back as 1998 were hacked in South Carolina, and analysts said Wednesday it may be the largest cyberattack against a state tax department in the nation's history.
A 50-state look at the varying rules across the nation governing drivers' licenses for older adults. ___
Colorado's booming medical marijuana industry is regulated like no other. Public officials boast of tracking, measuring and taxing pot from seed to sale, calling Colorado a model of how to bring order to a medical marijuana business often compared to the Wild West.
The promise of lucrative tax breaks helped persuade Facebook to build a data center in one of Oregon's most economically depressed counties. Now, the state and the company are in a dispute over how much Facebook may owe in property taxes, and the social networking giant fears it could be taxed on intangible assets like the value of its powerful brand.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: I know that my over 50 percent disability pay is not federally taxed, but I heard that some states and cities can tax my disability pay when residing in their state? Is this true of any of the 50 states?