- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Department Of Social Services
Latest Department Of Social Services Items
Medical staff abandoned a Northern California assisted living facility after State Social Services shut it down on Thursday, and they left behind 14 senior patients to fend for themselves for more than two days.
The House Health and Human Services Committee in North Carolina voted Tuesday to require mandatory background checks for people seeking welfare and food stamp benefits.
A third person has died from eating toxic mushrooms at a California senior care facility.
Northrop Grumman is paying nearly $5 million to compensate for losses to Virginia agencies when the information technology contractor failed to quickly repair a hardware malfunction last summer, Gov. Bob McDonnell's office said Thursday.
A quick-thinking cleaning crew is credited with saving the life of a newborn boy left abandoned and choking in the cold water of a South Carolina sports arena toilet.
California human services officials have just a few more days to come up with a plan to combat welfare fraud, waste and abuse, including blocking welfare recipients from cashing their state-issued benefits in casinos and poker rooms.
RICHMOND — Barbara Jones has seen them hundreds of times: newspaper ads featuring the name of a woman seeking the father of the child she is ready to put up for adoption.