- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Department Of The Interior
Latest Department Of The Interior Items
Sally Jewell is one step closer to becoming the nation's next secretary of the interior.
The Bureau of Land Management oversees geothermal energy development on public lands with a patchwork of regulations and no standardized inspection and enforcement program, the Interior Department's internal watchdog said Monday.
President Obama signed into law an expanded Violence Against Women Act that gives gays more access to anti-domestic violence resources and grants more authority to American Indian courts.
President Obama's pick to lead the Interior Department had kind words for coal Thursday but dodged the politically sticky issue of whether she backs a carbon tax — a measure that critics fear would drive the domestic coal industry into the ground.
Thin barrier islands five miles off the tip of the Alaska Peninsula shelter Izembek Lagoon from the Bering Sea, but it's what's beneath the surface that makes the lagoon special and part of a brewing, cross-continent fight.
Uncle Sam's an uninvited guest at every child's birthday party. The floating balloons that decorate such festivities are filled with helium, a gas that's coming up scarce thanks to a market-distorting federal government boondoggle that has mostly gone unnoticed.
The Obama administration is putting attention-getting Pentagon projects on the chopping block in a bid to pressure Congress into making a deal that avoids $46 billion in military budget cuts March 1, analysts and congressional officials say.
It was one of the best one-liners of any recent State of the Union address: President Obama, joking about government waste, said the Commerce Department is in charge of salmon fishing in saltwater, the Interior Department handles them when they’re in freshwater — “and I hear it gets even more complicated once they’re smoked.”
President Obama's pick of Sally Jewell as his new interior secretary immediately drew praise from the environmental community and even some in the oil and gas sector.