- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Department Of The Treasury
Latest Department Of The Treasury Items
The Treasury Department said Wednesday that it has less than a month's worth of room to maneuver before it hits the debt limit, dropping yet another major fiscal deadline in the lap of a Congress already stymied over the annual spending bills.
House Republicans passed their stopgap funding bill Friday to keep government open while terminating the new health care law, setting up a final showdown next week with Senate Democrats and President Obama who have firmly rejected that.
A key member of President Obama's economic team is set to leave by the end of the year, the White House announced Friday.
With its enormously unpopular involvement on the side of President Bashar Assad in the Syrian civil war against the regime's primarily Sunni opposition, the Shiite-based Lebanese Hezbollah now finds itself facing the most severe existential crisis since its creation in the early 1980s.
The debt-ceiling struggle is soon to envelop Capitol Hill, again
The federal deficit surged nearly 25 percent in August to reach $753 billion through the first 11 months of the fiscal year, but the Congressional Budget Office said Monday it expects the final year-end total to be lower.
The Treasury Department proposed regulations on Thursday to implement reporting requirements for insurers and larger firms subject to the new health care law's "employer mandate," a controversial provision the White House quietly delayed for one year.
The Treasury Department said Thursday that legally married same-sex couples must now file tax returns as married people, granting them all the tax benefits — but also the same tax penalty — that other couples enjoy.
The Obama administration cleared the way Thursday for states to carry out their own marijuana laws, including allowing use for medical reasons in 20 states and for recreational use in Colorado and Washington — as long as they take steps to keep the drug away from children and criminal gangs.