- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Department Of Transportation
Latest Department Of Transportation Items
Construction to repair a buckled highway in northern Arizona could start this summer.
Back-to-back winter storms have exhausted Providence's supply of salt and left Rhode Island's Department of Transportation with barely enough to handle another storm, officials said Thursday.
New York City has declared war on its potholes.
South Carolina transportation officials are expecting a rash of potholes from two rounds of winter weather over the past two weeks.
After a storm that buried parts of Connecticut in up to 14 inches of snow, cities and towns running low on road salt learned Friday they can get some of the hot commodity from the state, just in time for the next winter blast.
Even though Hawaiian is one of the official languages of the state, Hawaii residents won't be able to take driver's license exams in the language until next month.
Each year, California's Department of Transportation ranks the freeways where drivers spent the most time in heavy traffic. Here is the list of the Top 10 "most congested" freeways, on a county level, for 2012. Caltrans uses a metric called "vehicle hours of delay," which measures the extra time cars, trucks and buses spent on a road when they were going 35 mph or slower.
State police are trying to determine why a van crashed into a state Department of Transportation truck in an accident that seriously injured three people on Interstate 95 in North Stonington.
State transportation officials want input from industry on a possible public-private partnership to build a new freeway in the Phoenix.