- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
Latest Dereck Whittenburg Items
Lorenzo Charles is being remembered for more than just a last-second dunk that remains one of the NCAA tournament's signature moments.
Lorenzo Charles was remembered Saturday for more than a last-second dunk that remains one of the NCAA tournament's signature moments.
He never quite believed it himself.
It's one of the most lasting images from the NCAA basketball tournament.
Lorenzo Charles, the hero from North Carolina State's stunning national championship game win in 1983, was killed Monday when an empty bus he was driving for Elite Coach crashed along Interstate 40 in Raleigh.
Lorenzo Charles, the muscular forward whose last-second dunk gave underdog North Carolina State a stunning win in the 1983 national college championship game, was killed Monday when a bus he was driving crashed along a highway, a company official said.