- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Latest Derek Brown Items
If you missed celebrating Repeal Day on Dec. 5, the DC Craft Bartenders Guild will be mixing superior classic cocktails Saturday at its annual Repeal Day Ball.
Tom Dolan inspired young athletes to dream in gold. Cara Heads pushed herself to look beyond a medal. Derek Brown wondered what was next.
While lawmakers argue and the White House cringes, consider that the nation's capital now has an official, "native" cocktail. Oh well, why not? D.C. Council member Jack Evans will issue an official proclamation Thursday, naming the "Rickey" as D.C.'s very own libation, and declaring July to be "Rickey Month."
President Bush yesterday used a July Fourth speech to airmen in West Virginia to brace Americans for another year of war in Iraq, saying the U.S. struggled for six years in the Revolutionary War to win independence from Britain.