- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Derek Jeter
Yankees fifth starter candidate Michael Pineda struck out four and gave up one hit over two shutout innings in his first spring training start, New York's 3-2 victory over the Detroit Tigers on Friday night.
Derek Jeter got two hits that ended an 0-for-10 slide at the start of spring training and Masahiro Tanaka gave up a home run to Freddy Galvis in the New York Yankees' 4-3 win over the Philadelphia Phillies on Thursday.
For now, Ian Desmond hopes to make the most of the next two seasons in Washington. He is not guaranteed any more than that after signing a two-year extension in January worth $17.5 million. Unless he signs a long-term deal with the club, Desmond can hit free agency and the lucrative open market after the 2015 season.
Derek Jeter went 0 for 2 to extend his hitless spring training, and the New York Yankees lost to the Baltimore Orioles 3-2 on Tuesday night.
Florida State's Jameis Winston had a much more efficient weekend series against rival Miami than the Heisman Trophy winner did against the New York Yankees earlier in the week. He had quiet day in the much anticipated exhibition against the Yankees, outside of posing for pictures with Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada.
David Robertson pitched a scoreless fourth inning Monday in his first appearance as the Yankees' new closer in New York's 4-2 victory over the Washington Nationals.
Broadway Joe was filled with praise for Mr. November.
Carlos Beltran homered for his first hit this spring, leading the New York Yankees past the Toronto Blue Jays 8-2 on Sunday.
Masahiro Tanaka pitched two shutout innings in his spring training debut, allowing two hits and striking out three as New York Yankees blanked the Philadelphia Phillies 4-0 on Saturday.
Derek Jeter got a partial standing ovation Thursday before going hitless in two at-bats in the first spring training game of his final season, a New York Yankees' 8-2 loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Derek Jeter got a partial standing ovation Thursday before hitting into a double play in his first at-bat of the first spring training game of his final season.
Mariano Rivera never figured this would be Derek Jeter's final season.
New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has no concerns about the health of shortstop Derek Jeter, who was limited to 17 games last season due to leg injuries.
Troy Tulowitzki grew up idolizing Derek Jeter. It's the reason he wears No. 2.
Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston has no plans to stop being a two-sport man.
"Everything is a progression," Jeter said. "Do more each and every day. As soon as I can do it, I'll do it. As soon as I can comeback, I'll be back."
"In terms of everyday schedule, I don't know what that is," Jeter said. "It's more of taking it one day at a time."