- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
Latest Derrek Lee Items
First baseman Derrek Lee finalized a $7.25 million, one-year contract Thursday with the Baltimore Orioles, who hope he can provide punch to a lineup that ranked 21st in home runs last season.
The Baltimore Orioles and free agent first baseman Derrek Lee have reached an oral agreement on a one-year contract pending a physical.
San Francisco rallied for a 3-2 victory over the Atlanta Braves on Brooks Conrad's third error of the game to claim the lead in the NL division series Sunday.
Nothing has come easy for the Braves, whose 25 final-at-bat victories are the most in baseball. So perhaps it was fitting the Braves were pushed to the last day of the season before claiming a postseason berth.
Tim Hudson and the Atlanta Braves extended retiring manager Bobby Cox's season for at least one game, beating the Philadelphia Phillies 8-7 on Sunday.
Livan Hernandez homered and limited Atlanta to five hits in eight innings Tuesday night to help the Washington Nationals to a 6-0 win over the Braves, ending a six-game losing streak.
The Atlanta Braves scored six runs in the sixth inning, sending 10 hitters to the plate and taking advantage of a dropped fly ball by right fielder Jon Jay to rally for a much-needed 8-5 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on Friday night.
After seven mostly happy years with the Chicago Cubs, first baseman Derrek Lee has returned to the site of his favorite memory as a ballplayer: the tiny visiting clubhouse at historic Wrigley Field.
Derrek Lee passed up the chance to get on the fringe of the playoff race. Now he's right in the middle of it. The NL East-leading Atlanta Braves bulked up for the pennant chase Wednesday, acquiring the slugging first baseman from the Chicago Cubs for three minor league pitchers.