- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
- Fla. Rep. Alan Grayson’s wife drops restraining order against him
- McDonald’s lawsuits filed over wages ‘stolen’ like Hamburglar steals Big Macs
- HUMPHRIES: Fight like a Democrat – An open letter to Sen. Mitch McConnell
- Florida board member shocks with ‘Heil Hitler’ salute at town meeting
- Bill O’Reilly, Chris Matthews inducted into Irish America Hall of Fame
- Military given ‘execute order’ by Obama for secret cyber mission in June
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
Topic - Derrick Baskin
In a packed rehearsal room a few floors above the massive stage at Radio City Music Hall, 13-year-old Alyssa Casson walked to a spot in front of a panel of judges and paused, preparing to sing.
"I thought it was just amazing and it really touched me," said a clearly moved Derrick Baskin, a Broadway actor whose credits include "The Little Mermaid," "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" and who is currently in "Memphis."