- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Derrick Rose
Reigning NBA MVP LeBron James was relaxing with his wife not long ago when he looked around and was stunned to see someone wearing his Miami Heat No. 6 jersey.
LeBron James is above and beyond the best player in the NBA and that fact is reflected in the league's jersey sales.
In the first wave of fan voting, John Wall is actually second among healthy point guards in the Eastern Conference with his name on 124,851 ballots.
Derrick Rose isn't quite ruling out a return to the Chicago Bulls this season.
Derrick Rose isn't wavering.
By winning six of eight games, the Wizards have zoomed out of the Eastern Conference basement and could reach the best-of-the-rest pinnacle by Monday night.
Get past Miami and Indiana in the Eastern Conference and uncertainty rules. Several teams could legitimately finish in third - maybe even the Wizards?
For the Wizards to get to .500 for the first time in four years, they'll have to knock off the NBA's most dominant team -- on the road -- and without Nene.
As he hobbled off the court again, Derrick Rose found himself in a familiar and painful spot.
Injuries to Derrick Rose and Deron Williams likely means at least one point guard will make his first appearance at the All-Star Game in New Orleans.
Derrick Rose's comeback turned out to be a cameo, and the Chicago Bulls' worst nightmare became a reality again.
The Chicago Bulls star will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing knee surgery on Monday.
The 2011 NBA MVP missed all of last season after tearing a ligament in his left knee in Chicago's 2012 playoff opener against Philadelphia. He has played in just 50 NBA games — 49 in the regular season and that lone playoff game — since the Bulls' run to the Eastern Conference finals during his MVP season.
Rose has a medial meniscus tear, which is typically less serious than a lateral tear. Some athletes miss only a few weeks after surgery on meniscus tears, while others miss several months.
Derrick Rose will have surgery on his right knee Monday, and the Chicago Bulls don't yet know how long they'll be without their star guard this time.