- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Desi Washington
Desi Washington's trey at the buzzer in overtime lifted Saint Peter's over Fairfield 65-62 Thursday for a first-round Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament win.
Desi Washington scored 18 points, including the final go-ahead basket late in the second half, to help lift St. Peter's to a 71-67 victory over Niagara on Sunday.
Desi Washington scored 16 points, including the game-winning 3-pointer with 2 seconds left, as Saint Peter's edged Fairfield 63-62 Tuesday.
Trevis Wyche scored just seven points, but they all came from the free throw line on 7-of-8 shooting in the final 1:16 as Saint Peter's held off Monmouth in its final road game of the season, 61-51.
Marvin Dominique had 23 points with nine rebounds and Desi Washington added 18 points as Saint Peter's outlasted Marist 58-57 Thursday night.
Marvin Dominique had 17 points and 12 rebounds and Desi Washington scored 18 on Friday night to lead St. Peter's past Siena 66-53.
Adam Kemp scored 18 points and had 11 rebounds as Marist overcame a 6-point halftime deficit to top St. Peter's 70-63 on Monday.
Desi Washington scored 21 points and Marvin Dominique added 16 as St. Peter's defeated Rider 77-69 Thursday night.
Chris Burke scored 18 points while Quadir Welton muscled 11 rebounds and St. Peter's never trailed in beating Quinnipiac 74-67 on Sunday.
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — Desi Washington made a 3-pointer as time expired to lift St. Peter's to a 56-55 victory over Fairfield Wednesday night.
Playing at home against plodding Delaware State is nothing like facing a Top 25 team at Madison Square Garden, so it was only natural for Maryland to experience a letdown against the Hornets.