- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Detroit Tigers
Soria is 1-3 with a 2.70 ERA and 17 saves in 19 chances during his first full season since 2011. Detroit has been looking to upgrade a relief corps that ranked 12th out of 15 American League teams with a 4.37 ERA.
Drew Smyly is probably thrilled the month of May is finally over.
The Detroit Tigers and reigning American League Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer are in a bit of a slump.
Mariners closer Fernando Rodney usually gets the job done. He never makes it look easy, though.
Mariners rookie Roenis Elias has flashed signs of brilliance in the first two months of his major league career.
Hisashi Iwakuma threw the entire collection. Fastballs, sliders, cutters, splitters. They all were delivered to Detroit's Victor Martinez during one memorable at-bat.
Jim Johnson is perplexed by his struggles when he believes he is throwing good pitches.
Anibal Sanchez did everything but finish the game.
Two of the American League's top teams have struggling closers who are accustomed to being among the best in baseball.
After being shut down by Anibal Sanchez all night, the Oakland Athletics were happy finally to get a chance at Detroit's bullpen in the ninth.
Sonny Gray had nothing to show for two strong pitching performances against the Detroit Tigers during the 2013 playoffs. A year later, Oakland's promising young right-hander is still searching for an answer to the American League powerhouse.
Ian Kinsler says joining the Detroit Tigers has been a bit of a relief so far.
The plan seemed sensible enough at the time.
Athletics manager Bob Melvin issued a pregame message to his slumping team to grind out at-bats rather look for home runs.
Drew Smyly got a little bewildered when the Oakland Athletics turned every mistake he made into a home run.