- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Tom Fitton
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Devin Burns (Lisfranc)
Shawn Petty, the latest in Maryland's unexpectedly long line of quarterbacks, is not overly emotional. He also wasn't expected to play quarterback again after being recruited as a linebacker out of Greenbelt's Eleanor Roosevelt High School.
Maryland has gone through more quarterbacks than any team could expect this season. It's had its share of close losses as well. The latest unfolded Saturday at Alumni Stadium as first-time starting quarterback Caleb Rowe was intercepted in the final minute as Boston College escaped with a comeback 20-17 victory.