- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Mystery deepens over radioactive cobalt-60 stolen in Mexico
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Diane
Newman knocked Jimmie Johnson off the pole in qualifying then used a fast final pit stop Sunday to snatch the win from the four-time Indianapolis winner.
The schmaltz is piled on thick, and if the comedy were any broader it would require an Imax screen, but still there's something touching about how hard Billy Crystal and Bette Midler hustle to peddle the threadbare material that makes "Parental Guidance" a perfectly tolerable, if uninspired, moviegoing experience.
Make no mistake, "Parental Guidance" is a dog of a movie that stretches a half-hour's worth of situation comedy into feature length. It's mawkish, trite and written at the level of an episode of "The Nanny."
Don't get Jane Fonda wrong. The 74-year-old actress got a thrill when she wowed the fashion crowd at France's Cannes Film Festival in a form-fitting, two-tone Stella McCartney gown.
Forty years after cavorting with the commies in Vietnam, "Hanoi Jane" reprises her role as an anti-war activist in Bruce Beresford's "Peace, Love & Misunderstanding."
The actor who played a son of ranch owner Barbara Stanwyck on the 1960s Western "The Big Valley," has died. Peter Breck was 82.
House Speaker John A. Boehner praised tea partyers Thursday morning, and then members of the grass-roots movement assailed him in the afternoon, saying the Ohio Republican shouldn't give in to Democrats' demands in the spending battle in Congress, even if that results in a government shutdown.
The six astronauts on Discovery's final flight are making space shuttle history. One never expected to be on board.
Pushed by an ill-timed trough of low pressure, Hurricane Earl is heading uncomfortably close to an area relatively few hurricanes tend to go: the Northeast coastline.
Breck died Monday in Vancouver, British Columbia, after a long illness, his wife, Diane, announced on the website The Big Valley Writing Desk.