- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Dick Cheney Items
Rep. Darrell Issa, California Republican, said Monday that he cannot accept a potential compromise that would extend tax cuts for the wealthier for 2 years while making them permanent for everyone else.
She's posed on the red carpet at Cannes in a flowing designer gown, at Deauville in a sleek black bustier and palazzo pants. She exchanges e-mails with Naomi Watts. Sean Penn hung out at her house. Not for nothing have they called Valerie Plame Wilson the Glamorous Spy.
The Supreme Court is getting involved in the longstanding dispute between the Pentagon and two contractors contesting the government's demand for $3 billion over the Navy's ill-fated A-12 Avenger attack plane.
The title and release date of Donald Rumsfeld's memoir are now known, or, as he might say, are now known knowns. The book is called "Known and Unknown," and it's coming in January.
The title and release date of Donald Rumsfeld's memoir are now known, or, as he might say, are now known knowns.
Imagine a Middle East with a friendly Iran and no terrorism. Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair wrote in his autobiography, "A Journey," that former Vice President Dick Cheney dreamed big when it came to the Middle East. According to Mr. Blair, Mr. Cheney "would have worked through the whole lot, Iraq, Syria, Iran, dealing with all their surrogates in the course of it - Hezbollah, Hamas, etc." He said the vice president believed "the world had to be remade after September the 11th."
"On 2 May 1997, I walked into Downing Street as PM for the first time," writes former British Prime Minister Tony Blair in this engaging and far-ranging memoir. "I had never held office, not even as the most junior of junior ministers. It was my first and only job in government."
A federal grand jury's indictment of pitching great Roger Clemens for allegedly lying to Congress about his use of steroids deals a further blow to baseball, reinforcing the game's image as a sport where the use of performance enhancing drugs was widespread.
A federal grand jury on Thursday indicted seven-time Cy Young Award winner Roger Clemens for allegedly lying to Congress about using steroids and growth hormone.