- PHILLIPS: Liberal lawyers ensuring illegal aliens are never deported
- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Topic - Dick Vitale
There was nothing Dick Vitale could do to console the parents of Lacey Holsworth, the little girl whose relationship with Michigan State's Adreian Payne became a story that touched the country. So he decided to help others by making a promise to Heather and Matt Holsworth.
Dick Vitale will call Final Four games for the first time this year, when a voice synonymous with college basketball will be heard only outside the United States.
A lot of nicknames garner instant attention in college basketball. There's Coach K. Magic was in college before the NBA. Don't forget The General, the Vs, Dickie and Jimmy, and Pistol Pete.
The video played over and over on the big-screen television in the center of the locker room, telling Virginia Commonwealth University's basketball team they weren't good enough to be here. One minute and 30 seconds of everyone from President Obama to Dick Vitale picking Kansas.
Expanding the field to 68 teams was supposed to make this so easy there was no screwing it up. Which, of course, the NCAA selection committee promptly did.
In the world of college basketball, the Ivy League has long been considered a quaint little non-scholarship conference that isn't even big-time enough to hold a postseason tournament. Where the games are played almost exclusively on weekends, so as not to interfere with schoolwork.
Dick Vitale's exclamations of "Awesome, baby!" will ring out on ESPN for at least four more seasons.