- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Latest Dinah Washington Items
When dancers of the New York City Ballet grace the stage at Lincoln Center for this year's fall gala Thursday night, they'll be wearing extraordinary costumes by Valentino _ and not many people can say that these days.
Amy Winehouse hadn't released an album in four years, hadn't had a hit in just as long, and when she performed on stage, the headlines she usually drew were for atrocious performances. She was an addict who, like so many performers before her, let her talents fall prey to a drugged-up lifestyle.
ANNAPOLIS — Beach vacations often make vivid memories, and those made at Carr's Beach still linger — the sights and sounds of family get-togethers, church-organized picnics and star-studded performances by blues, R&B and jazz musicians.