- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
Topic - Dirk Kempthorne
Polar bears forced to swim longer distances because of diminished sea ice off Alaska's coast may be paying a price in lost cubs or precious calories, according to a study by the U.S. Geological Survey.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - The state of Alaska will sue to challenge the recent listing of polar bears as a threatened species, Gov. Sarah Palin announced yesterday.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — The state of Alaska will sue to challenge the recent listing of polar bears as a threatened species, Gov. Sarah Palin announced today.
MIDWAY ATOLL (AP) — The long stretch of atolls and coral reefs northwest of the Hawaiian islands is so precious that humans generally aren't allowed to venture there.
Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne yesterday announced the removal of the bald eagle from the list of "threatened" species, a move that President Bush called "a wonderful way to celebrate this Fourth of July" holiday.
Thousands of motorcyclists with the Rolling Thunder motorcycle group, including war veterans, rumbled into the District yesterday to deliver a request for President Bush to help missing service members and those struggling after returning from Afghanistan and Iraq.
"That is such a treasure that America is not yet aware of," Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne said during a recent visit to the remote island.
Mr. Kempthorne said it was America's equivalent of the Galapagos Islands or the Great Barrier Reef.