- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest District Government Items
In a story May 13 about a lawsuit over District of Columbia budget autonomy, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the referendum granting the District government more freedom to spend local tax dollars was approved by voters in 2012. It was approved in 2013.
The District's nonvoting member of Congress introduced a bill Thursday that would protect the city's operations in case the government shuts down amid partisan budget wrangling on Capitol Hill.
City government websites in the District failed to load for hours on Thursday, the apparent victims of hackers who wanted to target government sites.