- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Latest division i Items
Gola led La Salle to the 1952 NIT title and a runner-up finish in the 1955 NCAA tournament. He set the NCAA Division I record for career rebounds with 2,201 and scored 2,461 points.
Tom Gola, the Hall of Famer who led La Salle to the 1954 NCAA title, still holds the Division I record for career rebounds and helped the Philadelphia Warriors win the 1956 NBA championship, died Sunday. He was 81.
The NCAA is getting strategic.
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — Bill Self stumbled across a list the other day assembled by some self-described college basketball pundit. The idea was to list the best states for basketball in the country right now, and Self was amused to see Kansas listed second or third.
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) — Luis Jacobo and Joe Reed both scored 18 points and IPFW defeated Kalamazoo 110-74 on Saturday in the Mastodons' final nonconference game before beginning Summit League play.
Conference play has arrived in college basketball and that means Division I teams will start picking on people their own size.
January marks the start of conference play in college basketball, and that means Division I teams will finally pick on people their own size.
Larry Scott of the Pac-12 joined the chorus of commissioners calling for sweeping change in the NCAA, and said it can happen without confrontation and with the five most powerful football conferences still competing on the field with the other five.
The five power conferences are trying to redefine what it takes to operate a Division I college athletic program, with their commissioners calling out the NCAA at media days around the country.