- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Mystery deepens over radioactive cobalt-60 stolen in Mexico
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
Latest Dolley Madison Items
Thomas Jefferson's elder daughter and only long-surviving child, Martha, deserves a biography for two reasons, says historian Cynthia A. Kierner, the author of this prodigiously researched and beautifully written book.
Former President George W. Bush quickly broke the ice and sliced through the awkwardness of sharing a stage with President Obama, who regularly assails his record on the stump, during the unveiling of the 43rd president's official portrait.
Presidential wives often have played more powerful roles than vice presidents in serving the nation, but their accomplishments are glossed over in the new "The First Ladies" galleries at the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History.
When negotiating with the Hillcrest Children's Center to handle millions of dollars from the District-based nonprofit group's endowment, executives at Gibraltar Asset Management Group held themselves out to be responsible investment managers whose advisers included top faculty at Howard University, according to court records.