- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Donald A. Ritchie
Latest Donald A. Ritchie Items
When Sen. Marco Rubio delivers his first formal address in the Senate on Tuesday, the Florida Republican will be the last of the 13 freshman senators swept into office in January to give his so-called "maiden speech."
"I am going to Texas, and you can go to hell," was the kiss-off line Rep. Davy Crockett had for his Tennessee constituents after they failed to re-elect him in 1834. Crockett's post-congressional career was short but immortal.