- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
Latest Donald Berwick Items
The White House found itself on the defensive over Obama's appointment of a key official to help implement his health care overhaul, facing a torrent of criticism from lawmakers who said the move short-circuits the legislative-oversight process.
"The decision is not whether or not we will ration care. The decision is whether we will ration with our eyes open."
When the White House announced Dr. Donald Berwick as President Obama's choice to lead the $800 billion Medicare and Medicaid agency in April, officials hailed his long list of credentials. But Dr. Berwick hasn't seen a patient in years.