- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: ‘Emergency plan’ launched
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
Latest Donald Fehr Items
The NHL and the players' union opened negotiations on a new labor deal Friday by meeting for about 2 1/2 hours.
The NHL and the players' union opened negotiations on a new labor deal Friday by meeting for about 2½ hours.
The head of the NHL players' union said Monday that negotiations on a new collective bargaining agreement will begin "very quickly" _ perhaps as early as this week _ and didn't rule out talks stretching into the season.
NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman expects negotiations with the players' association on a new collective bargaining agreement to begin in a couple of weeks.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and Players' Association executive director Donald Fehr talked a lot Saturday about the upcoming collective bargaining agreement. But both said little about the whole situation.
Donald Fehr has never been more excited about the start of a hockey season.
Commissioner Gary Bettman believes the NHL will adopt a more balanced schedule when the relocated Winnipeg franchise likely moves to the Western Conference in 2012.
Don Fehr became the new executive director of the National Hockey League Players' Association on Saturday after union members voted overwhelmingly to accept the executive board's endorsement.
Baseball players and owners have settled allegations of possible collusion against free agents after the 2008 and 2009 season in one of the first acts for the union since Michael Weiner took over from Donald Fehr.