- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Donate Life America
Donate Life America, founded in 1992 as the Coalition on Donation, is a nonprofit alliance of national organizations and local coalitions in the United States dedicated to educating the public about organ, eye and tissue donation. Donate Life America is composed of national organizations and 47 local affiliates that coordinate donation related activities at the grassroots level. The organization publishes brochures, program kits and other educational materials, provides technical assistance and referral services, coordinates the national campaign for organ donation, identifies best practices, and leads the Donor Designation Collaborative. Current President and CEO is David Fleming. - Source: Wikipedia
An organ donation group says more than 100,000 people used a Facebook feature on its first day to declare they are donors.
Thousands of Facebook users have signed up to be organ donors this week, thanks to a new feature on the social networking site that makes it easier to register.