- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest Donovan Mcnabb Items
Terrell Owens sees NFL players making the police blotter and shakes his head.
The Chicago Bears hired former Syracuse and Connecticut coach Paul Pasqualoni as their defensive line coach and Reggie Herring as linebackers coach on Thursday.
Need to Know: It ended with a crash but there were some good moments during the Mike Shanahan era.
The Washington Redskins fired Mike Shanahan on Monday morning, bringing to an end the tenure of a coach who four years ago seemed likely to return a once-proud franchise to its winning ways.
Mike Shanahan followed the tradition of Redskins coaches now by leaving a trail of wreckage behind him – a steaming, heaping pile of controversy and chaos. It is the Redskins way of the 21st century. But he leaves behind a list of questions and mysteries as well.
I believe Redskins coach Mike Shanahan is a good football coach, and a quarterback guru. And if this is true – that Mike Shanahan is a good coach who knows quarterbacks – then he is on the worst losing streak a gambler like Shanahan has ever seen.
If these are indeed Mike Shanahan's final days with the Washington Redskins, his legacy will be the inability to make things work at quarterback.
Need to Know: For the second time in four years Mike Shanahan has made a change at QB while the Redskins were playing out the string.
Donovan McNabb seems to relish opportunities to discuss the Redskins struggles, and he did not hold back following a 27-6 loss to the 49ers.