- Thai prime minister dissolves Parliament, calls elections
- Hagel to meet with Pakistan’s prime minister
- Kiev: Riot police deployed near protest sites
- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
Latest Doug Fister Items
The baseball winter meetings are starting with a look back.
Though they already acquired Doug Fister and Nate McLouth, the Nationals still have a few items left on their wish list entering the Winter Meetings.
Former MLB player and current baseball analyst Sean Casey joined Brian Mitchell on SportsTalk Live Thursday night to discuss the offseason.
His presence is just a reminder of the remarkable transformation of the Nationals over the past five seasons, not just on the field, but in the clubhouse — they've gone from being a motorcycle gang to a gang of Goodfellows.
When the Detroit Tigers introduced new closer Joe Nathan this week, the news conference quickly became about a lot more than Joe Nathan.
The Detroit Tigers agreed to terms with free agent reliever Joe Nathan on a two-year contract with a club option for 2016 on Wednesday, accomplishing one of their main objectives this offseason by adding one of baseball's most accomplished closers to the bullpen.
Joe Nathan expects to fit in just fine in Detroit _ and now the Tigers don't have to face the closer who has dominated them more than perhaps any other in baseball.
The busy Detroit Tigers traded right-hander Doug Fister to the Washington Nationals for three players Monday night in a deal between teams with deep rotations.
On a night usually dominated by news of players let loose, the Washington Nationals and Oakland Athletics filled pitching needs with trades.