- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Topic - Doug Gillespie
Las Vegas' top cop is getting a national honor.
Clark County lawmakers handed the Las Vegas area's top cop a fiscal defeat Tuesday, rejecting for a third time a bid to raise the local sales tax rate to hire more police officers.
Two previous attempts failed, but Las Vegas' top cop is making another pitch for Clark County lawmakers to raise the local sales tax from 8.1 percent to 8.25 percent so he can hire about 100 more police officers.
Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie says he's proud of the results and thankful for community patience.