- See a drone? ‘Shoot it down,’ says Colorado ordinance
- Spanish journalists kidnapped by al Qaeda group in Syria
- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
- ‘TipsforJesus’ strikes in New York, with three massive tips
- John Podesta jumps aboard Obama ship to sell second-term agenda
- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Doug Harvey
These are down times for the Montreal Canadiens, but in the skies they soar.
Corey Perry said he came to the NHL Awards in Las Vegas just to have fun with nearly three dozen family and friends, not expecting much despite his 50-goal season.
After a two-year break, Nicklas Lidstrom is the NHL's top defenseman again.
Corey Perry crashed the Sedins' NHL MVP party.
Nicklas Lidstrom proved to himself he is still one of the NHL's best defenseman last season and that is good news for Detroit fans.
Nicklas Lidstrom has been nominated to win the Norris Trophy.
The baseball Hall of Fame has changed the way that managers, umpires, executives and long-retired players will be considered for election.
Andre Dawson left a lasting impression on the ballfield with his true grit and sense of integrity. His eloquent speech upon entering the pantheon of baseball's greatest stars likely won't soon be forgotten, either.
"The Hawk" has landed in Cooperstown.
Joe Torre was the first and last major league manager to be ejected by umpire Doug Harvey. And on the day Harvey was inducted into the Hall of Fame, Torre admitted he went looking for that final thumb.
"My only ambition has been to improve the profession," said Harvey, who learned from his father and didn't attend umpiring school because he couldn't afford it. "I've tried to mentor, teaching them everything I know about the game."