- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
Latest Douglas Kmiec Items
A Utah businessman has launched a national campaign to amend state constitutions to shield religious institutions from performing same-sex marriages.
The resignation of the U.S. ambassador to the Vatican presents President Obama with the same dilemma he faced three years ago in trying to find a pro-life Democrat to fill the diplomatic post in the Holy See, which is angered by Mr. Obama's push to force Catholic institutions to provide health insurance coverage for abortion and birth control.
Student groups in devoutly Catholic Malta are praising U.S. Ambassador Douglas Kmiec, who announced his resignation after State Department bureaucrats criticized him for spending too much time discussing religion.
The U.S. ambassador to Malta, an important Roman Catholic supporter of President Obama's, said Sunday he would resign after a State Department report criticized him for spending too much time writing and speaking about his religious beliefs.
Only three months after President Obama took office, Poland felt abandoned by the new Democratic administration, which was suspected of moving quietly to kill a Bush-era, Polish-based missile-defense shield for Eastern Europe that Russia strongly opposed.