- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
President wants everyone but himself to pay more
Topic - Douglas M. Fraser
The U.S. has been concerned about about the presence of terrorists - as well as Iranian influence - in Paraguay, according to a cable from the WikiLeaks document dump.
The top U.S. general in Latin America and the Caribbean said Thursday that he is closely monitoring the activities of Iran, Hezbollah, and Hamas in the region.
Gen. Douglas M. Fraser, commander of U.S. Southern Command, in Miami, said an American general in Haiti told him the situation there is "calm" and that military planes and ships are en route to the disaster.
"We're trying to get control and communicate to get a better understanding of what's going on," he said during a Pentagon press conference.