- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Douglas Trumbull
The first Oscars of the year have been presented at the Scientific and Technical Awards, the motion picture academy's annual celebration of the geeks and gizmos that make movie magic.
Hollywood filmmaker and visual-effects master Douglas Trumbull is receiving an honorary Academy Award.
"I want to accept this in the spirit of affirmation of my work, which is on-going, as you know," Trumbull said upon receiving his golden statuette from "Resident Evil" star Milla Jovovich. "I am trying to figure out a way to make a movie that you are in, rather than looking at."