- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Downey
Mark Burnett and Roma Downey’s “The Bible” franchise continues to grow in unexpected ways. Up next? A 16-city music tour featuring some of today’s most popular Christian acts.
Mark Burnett was taken aback by the scale of what his wife, actress Roma Downey, had in mind when she suggested over tea one morning four years ago that they make a television miniseries based on the Bible.
In a sea of televised swill, reality show honcho Mark Burnett ("Survivor") is about to part the waters. With a little help from his own personal "angel," his wife, "Touched by an Angel" star Roma Downey.
“It's been almost a decade, exactly to the weekend, since ‘The Passion of the Christ’ came to the big screen, and it's been almost 50 years since the entire life of Jesus was told in a cinematic presentation, and that was ‘The Greatest Story Ever Told’,” said Downey, who in real life is married to the film’s producer Mark Burnett.
“It has continued to ripple — splash really — around the world,” Miss Downey said as the couple spoke publicly about the music tour for the first time Thursday by conference call.