- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Downton Abbey
Downton Abbey is a 2010 British television period drama series, produced by Carnival Films (part of US media corporation NBC Universal) for the ITV network. It was created and principally written by the Oscar-winning writer Julian Fellowes, who was appointed to the House of Lords in 2010. - Source: Wikipedia
Belated birthday wishes to the actor who has appeared in such hits as "Ben Hur," "Doctor Who" and "Downton Abbey."
Netflix's "House of Cards" made Emmy history Thursday with a top drama series nomination, the first time that television's leading awards have recognized a program delivered online as equal in quality to the best that TV has to offer.
Shirley MacLaine will be returning to "Downton Abbey" next season, and opera star Kiri Te Kanawa is joining the cast.
Every Tuesday, the Nielsen company publishes a popularity ranking of broadcast television programs that has served as the industry's report card dating back to when most people had only three networks to choose from.
Tom Stoppard is sitting on the patio of a Sunset Boulevard hotel, bathed in California winter sunshine, framed by bamboo landscaping and looking very much out of his element in Hollywood.
Anne Hathaway was deemed best dressed _ by people who dress her for work.
Not everyone liked it, but 8.2 million people watched the finale to the third season of PBS' "Downton Abbey."
Millions of people have watched Maggie Smith on "Downton Abbey." But she's not one of them.
The play "The Heiress" ends sadly for almost everyone, but the producers of the Broadway revival starring Jessica Chastain are happy: They'll make their money back.
Quotes from the 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Jeremy Irons has a suggestion for "Downton Abbey" fans: Give William Shakespeare a try, too.
It was elegant, eloquent, genteel and classy.
Select "Downton Abbey" fans are in for an early viewing treat and bragging rights.
Partial list of winners at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards, announced Sunday in Beverly Hills, Calif.:
Christoph Waltz has won the supporting-actor Golden Globe for his role as a genteel bounty hunter who takes on an ex-slave as apprentice in "Django Unchained."