- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest Drew Smyly Items
The majors' highest-scoring team during the regular season, the Red Sox were shut out at Fenway Park in the postseason for the first time in 95 years.
The Detroit Tigers added some help for their shaky bullpen Monday, acquiring reliever Jose Veras from the Houston Astros for minor league outfielder Danry Vasquez and a player to be named.
Tigers starter Max Scherzer was lifted with one out in the top of the seventh. With a runner on second, rookie Drew Smyly retired Brandon Crawford on a flyball and Octavio Dotel got Angel Pagan on a grounder to second to keep the score tied.
Big-time pitching by Giants reliever Jeremy Affeldt.
Marco Scutaro comes through again for the Giants _ who else?
Sergio Romo closes it out by throwing a called third strike past Triple Crown winner Miguel Cabrera.
The final score is Giants 2, Tigers 0.
Gregor Blanco is chasing down line drives in left field, laying down perfect bunts and making run-saving relay throws.
The bump on Doug Fister's head from a hard line drive was much less of a concern for the Detroit Tigers' pitcher than the 2-0 hole his team needs to climb out of in the World Series.