- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
Latest Dupont Items
One man was killed and five others were injured early Sunday during a fight outside a Dupont Circle nightclub, according to the Metropolitan Police Department.
While luxury for some people will always mean a mansion on an estate of several acres, others define opulence as a sophisticated city residence with skyline views, a doorman, a concierge and a location within walking distance of fine restaurants, cafes, bookstores, art galleries and nightlife.
Imagine deciding on the spur of the moment to host an elegant dinner party for 10 of your closest friends. You notice your marble floors could use a little polish, so while housekeeping attends to your home, you peruse the room-service menu to select gourmet food and wine for your guests.
When Virginia "Ginni" Rometty becomes CEO of IBM Corp. and Heather Bresch the CEO of Mylan Inc. in January, they join 16 other female CEOs in the Fortune 500:
Many of the residences surrounding Dupont Circle are well-known architectural gems. While some hide unusual facets behind their stately facades, many people still would be surprised to learn they have been strolling past the rectory of St. Thomas Episcopal Parish for decades without realizing the property's connection to that historic church. The rectory, at 1735 19th St. NW, served for much of the past 40 years as the home of the church's priests.
A Maryland lawmaker is considering legislation in next year's General Assembly to strengthen penalties related to flash-mob robberies.
The decision to move from renter to homeowner was simpler in 2005 for two reasons: First, real estate prices were on a trajectory that made buyers comfortable that the property purchase would be a good investment. Second, mortgage lenders made it easy for buyers to qualify, even if they lacked cash and had yet to demonstrate a pattern of creditworthiness.
While plenty of visitors gawk at the stately homes in Georgetown and ponder what it would be like to live in one of the charming Victorian, Federal or Colonial-style residences, most people assume the homes lack interior space and perhaps need rehabilitation to meet modern tastes.
Some of the country's best and most famous chefs are eschewing New York and other big U.S. cities to open restaurants in Washington — the result of what some say is a near-perfect setting of a stable economy and deep-pocket patrons eager for first-rate food experiences.