- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest Duquesne University Items
An estimated 300 billion plastic water bottles are discarded as litter every year around the world, 30 billion in the United States alone. When David Saiia of Mt. Lebanon taught business at Ithaca College, he took students to Ecuadoran villages for sustainable development projects and was aghast at the number of plastic bottles on hillsides and in streams and rivers.
Liberals and socialists like to hit the sauce: A scientific study found that those who engage in unhealthy behaviors such as excessive drinking are significantly more likely to lean left politically.
A woman has sued a chocolates-and-milkshake shop, saying she was fired for hiring a black woman instead of a white, "all-American girl."
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas suggested to C-SPAN that the nation's first black president came by way of a compliant media that only embraced him because he fit the stereotypical mold.
If he were alive today, Joe Paterno — the coach who stood for so long for character and integrity both on and off the football field — could be looking at charges such as child endangerment, perjury and conspiracy.
A group of Catholic leaders went against the church's bishops Wednesday and called for support of President Obama's latest contraception-insurance policy, though the call happened the same day a prominent group of Catholic priests filed a federal lawsuit against it.
Joe Paterno would no doubt have made a dramatic courtroom witness. But legal experts said his death will have little or no effect on the criminal or civil cases to come out of the Penn State child sex-abuse scandal.
The New England Patriots released cornerback Leigh Bodden on Friday.