- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Dusten Brown Items
Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin sought to speak with advisers about repercussions with the Cherokee Nation as she considered intervening in a custody dispute involving a Cherokee girl, according to correspondence released to The Associated Press under an open records request.
A South Carolina judge on Thursday dismissed contempt of court charges filed against Dusten Brown, the biological father of the girl known as Baby Veronica who was caught up in a lengthy custody dispute.
A preschooler at the heart of a custody battle that reached the U.S. Supreme Court has been ordered to be placed with the adoptive parents who cared for her early in her life.
In a victory for adoptive parents, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that a federal law protecting Native American families cannot not be used as "a trump card" to block the adoption of an Indian child that would otherwise take place under South Carolina state law.
The Supreme Court is trying to sort out a wrenching adoption case involving a American Indian child, a biological father who first renounced any interest in her, and adoptive parents who eventually were ordered to hand her over to the father.