- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Dustin Penner
With Brooks Laich sidelined by recurring groin pain Adam Oates must decide on a left wing for the Capitals' top line.
The Capitals lost for the eighth straight time to the Penguins, further damaging their playoff hopes.
Teams made some big moves at the deadline while jockeying for position in the standings. Who was able to climb up the rankings?
Capitals fans are awaiting Evgeny Kuznetsov's arrival. Where will he fit in? And would the Caps consider buying out Brooks Laich?
Dustin Penner saw plenty of ice time in his debut with the Capitals and played a role in Alex Ovechkin's power-play goal.
Caps general manager George McPhee made three trades this week, bringing in winger Dustin Penner from Anaheim and goalie Jaroslav Halak from St. Louis while sending forward Martin Erat to Phoenix. After the NHL's trade deadline passed on Wednesday, McPhee spoke about the role team chemistry plays when he weighs a possible deal.
Capitals general manager George McPhee says he traded two disgruntled players for a pair of proven playoff performers.
The Capitals will need to turn the page quickly when they return to action in Boston Thursday night on CSN.
The goaltender once ruined the greatest season in Capitals history. Even four years later his name still evokes shivers from Verizon Center denizens. Those same fans must swallow their bitter memories from the 2010 Stanley Cup playoffs and do the unthinkable: cheer for Halak.
George McPhee spoke to media at Kettler Capitals Iceplex on Wednesday and gave some insight on what it took to orchestrate a deal for Dustin Penner.
Dustin Penner is expected to play on a second line with Marcus Johansson and Troy Brouwer when the Caps visit the Flyers tonight.
Dustin Penner sits down with Chuck Gormley 1-on-1 to talk about his trade commotion, the White House and the Stanley Cup.
Immediately after the trade deadline, the Capitals had enough cap space to sign Evgeny Kuznetsov. But will they?
On Tuesday the Capitals acquired Dustin Penner in a trade and finally found a deal to send Martin Erat elsewhere.
Penner said he's always known the Caps to be a high-scoring team and they proved it to him by roaring back from a 4-0 deficit to close within one goal Wednesday night.
"In and around the front of the net is usually where I end up," Penner said. "It's something I've been able to pride myself on in the NHL, to have a net presence and make room for other players."