Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

Latest Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Items
  • Feds to pay lawyer for marathon suspect's friend

    A federal judge says the government must begin paying for the legal defense of a 20-year-old man accused of lying for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-HAHR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv).


  • FILE - In this Friday, April 19, 2013 Massachusetts State Police file photo, 19-year-old Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, bloody and disheveled with the red dot of a sniper's rifle laser sight on his head, emerges from a boat at the time of his capture by law enforcement authorities in Watertown, Mass. On Thursday, Jan. 30, 2014, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder authorized the government to seek the death penalty in the case against Tsarnaev. (AP Photo/Massachusetts State Police, Sean Murphy, File)

    Boston bombing suspect's lawyers aim to have some charges dismissed

    An FBI agent overheard Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev make a "statement to his detriment" when his sister visited him in prison, federal prosecutors said Friday.


  • Feds: Marathon suspect made detrimental remark

    An FBI agent overheard Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev make a "statement to his detriment" when his sister visited him in prison, federal prosecutors said Friday.


  • Marathon suspect lawyers say FBI too intrusive

    Lawyers for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev are again asking a federal judge to lift special restrictions that have been placed on their client in prison, saying they are impeding their defense.


  • FILE - This file photo provided Friday, April 19, 2013 by the Federal Bureau of Investigation shows Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, charged with using a weapon of mass destruction in the bombings on April 15, 2013 near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Prosecutors and lawyers for Tsarnaev are headed to court Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014 to discuss a trial date and a pretrial schedule. (AP Photo/Federal Bureau of Investigation, File)

    Tsarnaev lawyers seek delay trial until 2015

    Attorneys for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev requested to delay the start of his trial until late 2015 during a scheduled status conference in court on Wednesday.


  • FILE - This file photo provided Friday, April 19, 2013 by the Federal Bureau of Investigation shows Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, charged with using a weapon of mass destruction in the bombings on April 15, 2013 near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Prosecutors and lawyers for Tsarnaev are headed to court Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014 to discuss a trial date and a pretrial schedule. (AP Photo/Federal Bureau of Investigation, File)

    Judge sets November trial in marathon bombing

    Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was given a November trial date over the strenuous objections of his attorneys, who said Wednesday that they won't have enough time to mount a defense in a terrorism case that carries a possible death penalty.


  • Lawyers for Boston Marathon suspect due in court

    Federal prosecutors and lawyers for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-HAHR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) will be in court this week for the first time since U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder authorized prosecutors to seek the death penalty against Tsarnaev.


  • FILE - This April 11, 2013 photo provided by the Richard family shows, Martin Richard, 8, in Boston. Martin was the youngest of three people killed in the  Monday, April 15, 2013, bombings near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. The charitable foundation started by his parents announced Thursday, Jan. 30, 2014, it had selected 72 runners from more than 250 people in 35 states and several other countries who submitted 11-page applications to run as a team in the marathon on April 21, 2014. Charity teams are forming to run in honor of victims of the bombings at last year's race. (AP Photo/Bill Richard, File)

    US seeks death penalty for marathon suspect

    The announcement by federal prosecutors that they will seek the death penalty against the man accused in the Boston Marathon bombing came as no surprise to people who lost limbs or suffered other injuries in last year's attack.


  • FILE - This April 11, 2013 photo provided by the Richard family shows, Martin Richard, 8, in Boston. Martin was the youngest of three people killed in the  Monday, April 15, 2013, bombings near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. The charitable foundation started by his parents announced Thursday, Jan. 30, 2014, it had selected 72 runners from more than 250 people in 35 states and several other countries who submitted 11-page applications to run as a team in the marathon on April 21, 2014. Charity teams are forming to run in honor of victims of the bombings at last year's race. (AP Photo/Bill Richard, File)

    US prosecutors seek execution of marathon suspect

    Federal prosecutors Thursday announced they will seek the death penalty against 20-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in the Boston Marathon bombing, accusing him of betraying his adopted country by ruthlessly carrying out a terrorist attack calculated to cause maximum carnage.


Happening Now