- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
- Vice principal saved from South Korean sinking ferry found hanged
- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
Topic - E. Thompson
Looking to wipe his campaign clean of tainted money, Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley has donated $38,000 in campaign funds he received from Jeffrey E. Thompson, his businesses and other associates, a spokesman confirmed Wednesday.
D.C. Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton had strong words for Mayor Vincent C. Gray last week after a longtime political operative pleaded guilty to raising illegal campaign cash to help Mr. Gray defeat Mayor Adrian M. Fenty in 2010.
A high-profile campaign donor currently under federal investigation for his pattern of giving to D.C. politicians is also tied to more than $100,000 in contributions to Virginia candidates over the past 12 years.
The District's political scene was abuzz when federal agents raided the home and offices one of the city's most prolific campaign donors about two weeks ago. But when the feds came looking for answers from elected officials' campaign teams, things got messy around city hall.