- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Latest E. Thompson Items
Looking to wipe his campaign clean of tainted money, Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley has donated $38,000 in campaign funds he received from Jeffrey E. Thompson, his businesses and other associates, a spokesman confirmed Wednesday.
D.C. Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton had strong words for Mayor Vincent C. Gray last week after a longtime political operative pleaded guilty to raising illegal campaign cash to help Mr. Gray defeat Mayor Adrian M. Fenty in 2010.
A high-profile campaign donor currently under federal investigation for his pattern of giving to D.C. politicians is also tied to more than $100,000 in contributions to Virginia candidates over the past 12 years.
The District's political scene was abuzz when federal agents raided the home and offices one of the city's most prolific campaign donors about two weeks ago. But when the feds came looking for answers from elected officials' campaign teams, things got messy around city hall.